Static HTML Output plugin not crawling Local Flywheel site

Cool, sounds like staticweb has a nice workflow (I haven’t tried it out myself yet).
Feel free to do the back and forth about it in this forum as long as needed @john-shaffer or pull into your preferred channel.

@tjc4 I can only speak to the WP2Static side of things, so can guess at the rewriting issue you’ve encountered and should be back to dealing with those kind of issues in that repo soon.

Leon, IDK if this is the same issue or not but I noticed that static sites I generate with Lokl + Simpler Static (default settings on both) include failed requests to the localhost (see screenshot).

Seems kinda similar to the mix of S3 production and local host development links I found in John’s staticweb.io site so maybe there’s some connection.

Could also be because I added the reSmush.it Image Optimizer plugin (the bundled Autoptimize plugin see to do anything for images though I didn’t spend much time playing with it) and it seems that it’s mostly (one exception) images that are affected.

I’ll play around (disabling reSmush.it, trying Simpler Static’s absolute URLs option) and report back when I get a chance but let me know if you have any ideas in the interim. Thanks again!

If you can reproduce, can you please log an issue with the dev site’s good code block and the same code block from the static site in the GitHub repo?

My guess is either the above (rewritten HTML has an issue) OR that it’s failed to discover, crawl and save the path in question (you can confirm this by inspecting the exported site’s contents).

There are only a few rewriting/detection issues in Static HTML Output left at current, since doing a big bug fix marathon with @gulshan’s help a few months ago. So, it’s possibly one of those issues still open in GitHub

Oh, and just to be sure, you’re using the Static HTML Output 6.6.21 in all of those Lokl containers, not the one that’s installed by default, which is quite old, before a lot of fixes still

Cool, sounds like staticweb has a nice workflow (I haven’t tried it out myself yet).
Feel free to do the back and forth about it in this forum as long as needed @john-shaffer or pull into your preferred channel.

I’ve moved it to DM just to not clutter up the other conversation.

Switching from Simpler Static to Static HTML Output resolved the issue and everything is working now. Just make that change to the Lokl plugins and I think it’s ready to go.

1 Like

Cool. Sorry for the delay. Just replied.

Great to hear! I got a little done on Lokl last week, but not enough for a new release. Hopefully after next dev session!

Update: It’s still good so far going. Glad to have this solution, Fast solution for Windows users. :clap:

1 Like

Great, thanks for confirming! Will merge it in eventually :smiley: