Can't get a clean deploy for the life of me

I’m consistently running into errors when trying to deploy a static site.

I’m currently using version 7.1.6 of the plugin and 1.0.1 of the zip addon.

I’m running Windows 10 and using Local by Flywheel for my local environment. It is currently configured with the following:

• nginx
  • PHP 7.3.5
  • MySQL 8.0.16
  • Wordpress ver. 5.6.2

I’m also running the GeneratePress theme, if that matters.

At the end of every deploy attempt I receive the following error:
Screenshot 2021-02-25 163526

I’ve updated the max_execution_time limit multiple times. I’ve even made it 0, so there is no time limit and I still get this message. I’ve also updated the PHP memory_limit to both 512M and 1024M, but that doesn’t help.

I checked the nginx error logs and there’s an error like this:

[error] 27660#29204: *1916 WSARecv() failed (10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host) while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: “GET /ca/alameda-san-francisco/ HTTP/1.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://127.0.0.1:10008”, host: “ferry-riders.local”

Not sure what to make of it.

This is not a big site. Maybe 15-20 pages of mostly text content and a handful of images.

Any thoughts on what the issue might be? Please let me know if you need more info to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @LuchaBeast, sorry for the late reply.

Whilst not as easy to get running on Windows, you may try my https://lokl.dev project, which I find to be much simpler than Local by FlyWheel and comes bundled with WP2Static and other tools for static site exporting.

HTTP status code 405 is “Method not allowed”.

Unsure of that nginx error. I would first try a different environment, either Lokl or some kind of Docker setup on Windows, which may require installing the WSL Linux stuff.

Else, you can spin up a quick VPS on vultr.com or digitialocean.com and kill it after trying, which should only charge you per hour of usage a small amount.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Leon

Before doing any of that, you can also try to run WP2Static against a default WP install, with no plugins, custom themes or content. If it’s still failing at that, then we can be confident the issue is environmental.