Detected URLs 2759, Generated Static Site URLs 1071

Hi,

I’ve successfully exported a WP site using the 7.0 version of WP2Static plugin, which I downloaded at your site (the stable version at the WordPress repository had an issue with foreign characters.) The site is now available at Clouflare’s Workers Sites.

I’m trying to do the same for another site, with a similar setup host-wise, both shared hosting at Siteground, but with different set of plugins.

It crawls 2759 URLs but only generates 1071 static files.

The last files on the Generated Static Site list is /wp-includes/wlwmanifest.xml. On the Crawl Queue (Detected URLs) list the files that would follow it begin with CSS files cached by the Autoptimize plugin. I also noticed that from those files on, the list includes the full URL, while the smaller list only had files with relative their paths.

I’m not sure if there is anything I could try on my end to troubleshoot/solve this issue.

Thanks for any help, and thanks so much for the plugins!

1 Like

Thanks @floripare - looks like a bug with the URL detection that needs to be fixed. You can add to https://github.com/WP2Static/wp2static and will make sure it’s cleared for next release.

1 Like

short term workaround, you can use the filter to modify the initial crawl list:

wp2static_modify_initial_crawl_list

I wouldn’t know what to do with it, but thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Leon,

As I commented on your Github page, I now believe this issue has to do with Autoptimize’s latest update to version 2.7.3. After I rolled back AO to 2.7.2, WP2Static 7.0 was able to crawl the whole site.

Please let me know if you need any more info on this incident.

Thanks,

Thanks for the update, @floripare!

Just adding your GH link here for my own memory: https://github.com/WP2Static/wp2static/issues/582#issuecomment-650819074

I’m wondering if it’s to do with cache within Autoptimize and if they trigger a cache clear when activating… but yes, I’ll need to do some testing with their latest version to see if something else is going on…

1 Like

Strangely enough, this only worked in one of my sites. The other one still isn’t generating all the URLs it crawls, stopping at the same point.